Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Monitors problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

inhand

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
US
I have two nVidia GeForce4 cards, a Gainward GF4ti4600 AGP and a PNY FG4MX420 PCI card. I have a total of three monitors. The setup used to work fine with the older nVidia drivers. Since I've upgraded the drivers, one monitor has to be activated everytime, the second port on the GF4ti4600. After I log in, the monitor flickers on with the desktop, but then it goes away, and I have to go into the settings to reactivate it.

I wonder if there are any sort of registry setttings that aren't sticking?

i have GeforceFX5500 256 DDR agp card running with PNY GeForce FX5500 128DDR with (1)DVI and (1)15 pin out running (2)IBM L150 15inch flat panels and a IBM L170 17 inch flat panel and the only thing i ended up doing is using the drivers off my nvidia (EGeForcefx 5500 agp card not the same one from above driver version 41.6 with adm automated drive management ) i have had no stability problems actually the problems i encountered was trying to get the correct monitor in the correct location so the display is correct ex. 123 and not 213 or 312 but it works great try that driver good luck[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back