Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Monitors: How to view the same area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmigit

Programmer
Aug 3, 2001
US
I have an old VAIO that I'm placing in an office as just a general workhorse... Basically I want to just place it as a tower..

I have the external keyboard mouse and monitor.. and yesterday, everything worked perfect.. but when I restarted, the second monitor stretched the display from the first... Due to the dimensions of these monitors, they don't easily share any screen resolutions (One or the other stretches the text taller or wider).

How do I set it to not stretch the desktop, but to display the same screen on both monitors.. Once this is done, the lid will be closed on this laptop and all the external peripherals will be used.

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

More on this... Yesterday, when I tried this and had both displaying the same image... the driver for both monitors (in Display Properties >> Settings) was 'Plug N Play on Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910 GML Express'. Today, that is #2's driver... #1's is 'Sony Notebook LCD on Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910 GML Express'

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

....#1's is 'Sony Notebook LCD on Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910 GML Express"

This "should" be the setting in XP for a laptop with an LCD display.

Again, use UltraMon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back