Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple MOH Sources? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOcean

Programmer
Apr 5, 2004
US
I have a client who wants his CICS/CallPilot 100 to answer 4 different lines with 4 different messages (he is running 4 companies from his location). No problem.

However, he wants 4 different/unique MOH recordings to play, depending on which line is placed on hold. I tried to convince him a "generic" recording would facilitate the customers (how long will someone be on hold anyway?), but he's insistent.

Anyone know of a "black box" that will x-connect with the lines on a CICS and allow 4 different MOH inputs?

I've not heard of any,hopefully someone has because this is an issue I've run into a few times. Nortel designs Call pilot for 4 different greeting tables , but only one MOH input on their KSU's....along with only one AUX ringer connection.Many customers are now using "on hold marketing" messages, which are company specific.Good luck

There are on hold marketing machines that can go right on the phone line. They have limitations in that they use * and # to put calls on hold and retrieve them. There is no provision on Norstar system for multiple MOH sources. I've seen them on Toshiba and Executone systems.

M

Vodavi's larger systems also support multiple music-on-hold. Latest includes music based on DNIS/DID digits received.
Mike

Sell him an Opt 11 and make sure there is 10 Music Conference ports availabel. then he can have 10 different message on hold announcments for 10 different lines

An Option 11 for a small furniture store? How much are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back