Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple message waiting lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

billb1981

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
I have setup a "help desk" line, the line is an Analog line currently....can I do the following?

1) Should I change it to a ACD? Not sure what that is....

2) I will have the phone ring to both of the IT phones, there isn't an actual help desk, I know how to do that, but can I have an additional Message Waiting light as a key on the IT phones to show we have a message? For example.

(Message Indic)- XXXX (Help Desk Extension)

I have a help desk number setup as an MCDN with a menu service and a time of day controller. During normal business hours, press 1 for the current network status, press 2 for the helpdesk, press 3 for... After hours and holidays there is another option to page the on call duty technician and to leave a message for the help desk. I put an appearance on the phones of the IT folks as an MCR that option 1 transfers to.

program a key with the following
key x xmwk yyyy zzzz
x is the key number
yyyy is the voicemail number
zzzz is the number of the mailbox you want to lite the phone, in your case the help desk mailbox number.
this feature is only available on switches that have a certain release and higher.

that's a good solution, mcr works better then 2 analogs i think, both have good points.. i do not know of a way to add a mwi to an analog acd set, without a second tn.. i have installed a 90v neon lamp (radio shack) and tied it to a tn, used just for a group msg.. but that's an old work around... mcr will ring both sets, and light lamps.. one set is busy, the other can still call out or ring in..

another old solution, add either a chime, external ringer and put it in a pick up group.. we have used that for a er line... help desk worked acd, but had access to analog sets to call out for dispatch resaons.. when we had a system down, etc.. some sets had a hot dial to the er line... agents answered that call on the 1st ring. even if it's just an area ring, that hunts or fna's to a hunt dn...

lots of way to play with this gray beast... hard to believe we get paid to do this..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

As an FYI.......Call Pilot 4.0 allows for Multiple Message Waiting DNs (up to 8).

Thanks, I got the indicator working with programming the key, I appreciate it.

programing the key? i thought you were playing with analog?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back