Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclegeoff

Technical User
Mar 20, 2002
GB
Hi All, When the call centre closes about 100 messages arrive in the skillset mailbox to be dealt at night. Is there a way in which a hunt group containing only 4 mailboxes, cyclic hunting, can be set up for out of hours so the night staff can each log in to one of the boxes and deal with the messages?

Under the skillset you could tell it to dump to a one particular mailbox or if you have multiple skillsets they could go to on mailbox or each one could have its own mailbox.

Is that what you are referring to?

It's only dialtone-VZ

or setup your greeting table & CCR tree so it uses other mailboxes during the off hours.

IE moning 8:00 AM CCR to call center CDN
Afternoon 5:00 PM CCR Fwd to mailbox 222
Evening 6:00 PM CCR Fwd to Mailbox 223
Non Bussiness 7:00 PM CCR fwd to mailbox 224

It's only dialtone-VZ

Use the night route in the CC and give a greeting of your business hours and that your closed then disconnect.

Sorry people maybe I hav'nt explained properly.
There are too many orders in the skillset mailbox for one person to handle at night because there are more orders arriving as the older ones are being dealt with so I thought if we could spread the load across 4 mailboxes each person would only have to deal with 25% of the work load.

There is no option to do what you want. The only work around I can think of would be to install desktop messaging for that mailbox. From there you could forward messages to another mailbox(s) quite easily and quickly to spread the load.

Unfortunately it still means that someone has to administer the system in order to spread the load!! I suppose I will have to look for another system IP Office 500 should fit the bill. Thanks All.

IPO has hunt group mailbox and it work very well.

Unfortunately not available in BCM :-(

It is doable using the hunt group mailbox funtion. Only downisde is you may need quite a few vmail ports which will push up the cost, but if its a requirement, it may seal the deal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back