Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple LUN with Sol 9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laptop8

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
DE
Hi,

I configured an external RAID-box to have a SCSI-ID 6 and expose 2 RAID-Sets to LUN 0 and 1 on this SCSI-ID.

The OpenBoot prompt displays both logical units correctly (probe-scsi-all).

But when I use the "format" tool, Solaris displays only one unit as disk (the first one).

How can I install both logical units from SCSI-ID 6 (my RAID box), so I can use both logical drives?

The point is: the RAID is connected to the Sun V440 server using SCSI-ID 6 (Server is ID 7). The logical drived from the RAID are only visible to the Sun through LUN's on that SCSI-ID. Solaris seems to see "one" LUN correctly. But not two LUN's on one SCSI-ID.

Is this setup possible. If yes, what can I do? Can anyone point me into the right direction, pease?!

Did you do a "reconfigure" reboot to pick up the new device? (i.e. boot -r or touch /reconfigure; init 6)

Annihilannic.

Thank you for your help.

I found an earlier posting from you, where you explained actually the same thing but for fibrechannel.

This was the solution also for me, although I don't use FC.

In so far... thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back