Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Logon users using individual e-mail addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelli

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2003
GB
How do i set up individual e-mail addresses for multiple users using one computer? I have four people logging on. Nearly going beserk trying to sort it - help required before serious injury occurs!!!!

Are all 4 users logging onto Windows with the same account? What mail program are you using?

No they are all using individual windows logins on the same PC. The e-mail application is Outlook express v5 or v6 (can't remeber). Basically they all require their own individual postbag.

I'm not sure I am following correctly. What version of Windows are you using?

If all windows users have different windows account, setting up a mail account for each windows user shouldn't be a problem.

if you're using

windows NT, 2000 or XP.

and all the users have their own login. all you have to do is run outlook express for the first time in each login and fill in the blanks. they're automaticly seperated.

if you're using win98/95/me
username logon is a joke.

open outlook express,
goto file > identities > manage identities > add new identity and it'll go through the basic setup for new/seperate email folders.

then all the users just goto file > switch identity
to select their own email

gl

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

Thanks for your advise, i will have a go and let you know if i still have difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back