Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Logins to Intuity Mailboxes -- Can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibsonic

MIS
May 9, 2001
US
I have a situation where I need to have one mailbox always available where an automated process that changes the outcalling number will always run.

I have a pc with a modem, using windows scheduler to change the outcalling number on our helpdesk audix mailbox based on who is on call for that day/week. The scheduler references a specific schedule, which kicks off a specific batch file for the person. That batch file does a command line RAS dial where I give the full dial string for connecting to Audix with all the prompts, pauses, and finally the new outcalling number, then a hang up.

The problem is that the last few days when this runs, a helpdesk person has been logged into audix checking messages, coincidently(end of shift). This causes the automated process to not be able to login to audix to change the outcalling. Then a few minutes later I start getting annoyed off duty helpdesk people calling me b/c the audix still has their number in the outcalling config.

Anyway to allow a specific mailbox multiple simulataneous logins?

I have an Intuity Audix 4.1

I believe that the Intuity doesn't allow multiple logins to avoid corruption of the system.

Maybe you can use the groupbox function and create distributionlists and forward all messages to all your clients mailboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back