Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Link Colors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mordswixed

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
US
I am sure this has been asked and I did go through the archives and find two other similar posts but the answers did not make sense to me so here we go.

I am using Dreamweaver MX to design my site and I am trying to get the links across the top of the page to be different colors for the alink and vlink then the links in the middle of the page.

Of course Page Properties only gives you the option of the whole page.

Any help would be appreciated.

you set up pseudo classes

a.one {style attributes go here}
a.one:hover {style attributes go here}
a.one:active {style attributes go here}
a.one:visited {style attributes go here}
a.two {style attributes go here}
a.two:hover {style attributes go here}
a.two:active {style attributes go here}
a.two:visited {style attributes go here}

<a href=&quot;main navigation links&quot; class=&quot;one&quot;>main nav 1</a>

<a href=&quot;body page navigation&quot; class=&quot;two&quot;>body link</a>

You can have as many psuedo classes as you want!

<signature>
sometime you just gotta say &quot;WHAT THE @#*% !!&quot;
</signature>

Deecee,

Thanks for the response but I just realized I forgot to include the fact that I work in Design View not Code view 95% of the time. My knowledge of HTML is limited more to just the basics.

Is there a way to do what you said using Design View menus?

Thanks.

go to the css menu and choose to add a new style. you can either add the style ot the currentdocumetn or create a stylesheet. choose Use CSS selector and give the style a name IE a.one, a.one:hover, etc. then just set the properties for the links.

<signature>
sometime you just gotta say &quot;WHAT THE @#*% !!&quot;
</signature>

Thanks I had tried the CSS before but could not get it too work so I thought it was not the right way.

But this time it worked!

Thanks for your help.

You can also check out: to help you out with this. Another thing - read the two very important notes on the site:
Note: a:hover MUST come after a:link and a:visited in the CSS definition in order to be effective!!
Note: a:active MUST come after a:hover in the CSS definition in order to be effective!!

If you did not change the classes, this might have affected the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back