Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple LCFD Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello everybody,

On some Endpoints there are multiple instances of the Tivoli lcfd Demon (lcfd-1, lcfd-2...). I don't know why and I don't know how to remove them. I know there is a way to do it local (lcfd -r 'name') but how can I remove it from any Endpoint in the network without beeing there (remotely)?

Thanks

Elias

No tivoli commands for that! sorry.
I've been using NTRESKIT tools such as netsvc or sc for deleting those services, when they are no longer needed. Also it is always a good idea to visit

Of course if you have at least one endpoint working out there, and you have some Remte Control capability then you can use the Remote Control session in active mode to then work locally.

It is worth understanding where each of the3se EPs have appeared from - do they communicate with the same TMR??
If you are getting multiples then have you checked the TMR policy for whether to allow duplicates???

hope this helps,
simon

Hi,

I'm encountering the same problem in my environment.
Multiple endpoints often are the result of insufficient registry cleaning. I'm experimenting sending a task to the endpoint with the lcfd -r and lcfd -s parms to execute. Though I don't think it's sufficient to remove all entries from the registry. X-)

So far I really need to clean out the registry by hand :-( but maybe I get a script working to do it for me.

In my case the cause of multiple LCFD's was reinstallation while the active endpoint wasn't removed or where it resided in a diffirent directory.

Jerry

Did you figure out how to remove duplicate endpoints?

Did lcfd -r work. If not I can email you some instructions.

How was the endpoint installed ? If it was installed using SIS, than removing the code is a huge pain, otherwise if it was installed from the cd, there is an uninstall that works pretty well.

Try this. I use as task when i have to change TMR

@echo off
rem =================================================================
rem = This script is used to establish a new connection for a given
rem = endpoint. It will stop the currently running "tivoli endpoint"
rem = service, then remove the appropriate configuration files and
rem = restart the endpoint
rem = lcappelletti@it.ibm.com
rem =================================================================
@echo off
PATH %PATH%;c:\Program Files\Tivoli\lcf\bin\w32-ix86\mrt
c:
cd echo Stopping taskbar icon...
lcfep -s
echo Stopping agent
net stop lcfd
echo Removing LCFD as a service...
lcfd -r lcfd
echo Cleaning up old Endpoint configuration data...
cd \program files\tivoli\lcf\dat\1
attrib -r lcf.dat
del lcf.dat
del last.cfg
del lcfd.log

echo Re-starting taskbar icon...
start lcfep
sleep 10
echo Re-starting tivoli agent...
lcfd.exe -C "c:\Program Files\tivoli\lcf\dat\1" -i -p 9494 -P 9495 -d1

All,
Try the following when you want to remove any extra Tivoli endpoint services:

wadminep good_ep spawn_process "path_to_lcfd/lcfd.exe" -r lcfd-1

Be sure you don't kill the service for the good endpoint.

This works... I used it yesterday.

later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back