Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxdiorio

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2008
US
Hi,

I'm the new IT guy here and am just starting to dive into the IP Office. Nice system.

We're having a few issues that I can't seem to figure out, since I'm not a phone guy really. I know enough to be dangerous.

Background:

Standalone IP Office 500 just upgraded to 4.2.4 from 4.0.something.
11 analog lines
No IP anything on the network (phones or lines)
8 Avaya 5410 digital stations

We are occasionally getting the following [Waiting_For_Line]:

67640612mS CMARS: LINE ep Received: CMReleaseComp - child->state = CMCSOffering - ARS Call State = CMCSOverlapRecv
67640613mS CMCallEvt: 0.1481.0 -1 Alog Trunk:13: StateChange: END=X CMCSOffering->CMCSDelete
67640614mS CMARS: Target: Short_Code: N; - Line_Group_ID: 0 has been set to: CMARS_OUTOFSERVICE
67640614mS CMCallEvt: 0.1480.0 129 ARS for Main: StateChange: END=B CMCSOverlapRecv->CMCSAccept
67640614mS CMCallEvt: 0.1478.0 129 Jodi.0: StateChange: END=A CMCSDialling->CMCSRingBack
67640615mS CMExtnEvt: v=6 State, new=Alerting old=Dialling,0,0,Jodi
67640615mS CMExtnTx: v=206, p1=0
CMProgress
Line: type=DigitalExtn 3 Call: lid=0 id=1478 in=0
IE CMIEProgressIndicator (30) cs=CMCSITUT (0), loc=CMLUser (0), pd=CMPDInbandPattern (8)
Display [WAITING_FOR_LINE]
Timed: 17/09/08 08:19
-----------------------------
In System Status, I'm now getting:

Attempt to use a feature for which no license is installed. License type: Conferencing Center

No free channels were available: Outgoing group ID: 0
----------------------------
I'm also trying to create a second incoming call route. Analog Lines 1-4 and 9-12 are in group 0,0 (incoming, outgoing). They are picked up by AA:AutoAA and everything is great with them.
I added 3 more analog lines for our billing department (13-15). They are definied in group 1,0 (incoming,outgoing). (I want incoming calls routed to a new billing AA, but all outgoing calls to use any available line.
Lines are enabled, created the new AA Billing Group.
Created a new Incoming Route: Line group ID 1 go to go destination AA Billing Group. However the AA never picks up.

2 of the 3 analog lines I just connected are giving an error of Loop Current was not detected. I assume this is an issue with the carier's hardware?

Any light you can shed on this is appreciated.

I have 9 trunk ports available and assigned to outgoing group 0, 2 connected but are out of service.

This isn't a VM channel issue, as I just maxed out the VM channels and it's giving a different error message.

We only have 8 phones in the office. It's a 1 in a million that all 9 ports are are in use at the same time. However we've had 9 errors since last night.

I have also just noticed that the time is off. That shouldn't have any effect on anything other than reporting in a standalone IP500 right?

Open System status and monitor a day long or let it trace and look back what happens

With guessing nobody is helped

If ports are full your AA is too long to handle your calls or you need to use vmpro

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I can't trace all lines in System Status though. You can only trace all on one trunk card. Would Monitor be better to keep track of everything going on?

I'm not an Avaya expert, so I have no idea what I'm really looking for in the logs.

System status can trace every trunk and channel on the system

Monitor can do that too but is much harder to look back

Try SSA (system status application)
Go to snapshot and let it run
Do not stop it manualy or the trace is useless !!!
When you have a trace then use SSA offline and look back
Then you will see what happens really

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Hi...I did the trace and tried to play back. I have 4 file, 2 about 4MB, and 1 about 1MB. One is a new log file from the midnight, the other is from a disconnect.

When I try to play the files back, it only lets me play back about 10 minutes. Then it just sits there and does nothing.

New issue. Absolutely nothing has changed in the configuration, however today, no calls are getting to the AA. The line keeps ringing and being forwarded though our Hunt Group.

When I dial in, I am still getting the No Free Channels Available message on Outgoing Group 0.

Outgoing calls are working fine.

-----------
9/29/08 11:32:18 AM-358ms Line = 3, Alerting, Call Ref = 11, Caller ID Number = 5182624000
9/29/08 11:32:18 AM-359ms Call Ref = 11, Short Code Matched = System, 9N
9/29/08 11:32:18 AM-363ms Call Ref = 11, Originator State = Incoming Alerting, Type = Trunk, Destination Type = none
9/29/08 11:32:30 AM-879ms Call Ref = 11, Originator State = Clearing, Type = Trunk, Destination Type = none
9/29/08 11:32:30 AM-879ms Call Ref = 11, Disconnect from Originator End
-----------------------

I have rebooted the system remotely, not sure where to go from here.

Thanks.

I'm assuming you have no Maint contract with anyone, I would consider getting one as this type of problem is very hard to diagnose in the third person, any good tech will no doubt find the issue on a visit.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back