Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxdiorio

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2008
US
Hi,

I'm the new IT guy here and am just starting to dive into the IP Office. Nice system.

We're having a few issues that I can't seem to figure out, since I'm not a phone guy really. I know enough to be dangerous.

Background:

Standalone IP Office 500 just upgraded to 4.2.4 from 4.0.something.
11 analog lines
No IP anything on the network (phones or lines)
8 Avaya 5410 digital stations

We are occasionally getting the following [Waiting_For_Line]:

67640612mS CMARS: LINE ep Received: CMReleaseComp - child->state = CMCSOffering - ARS Call State = CMCSOverlapRecv
67640613mS CMCallEvt: 0.1481.0 -1 Alog Trunk:13: StateChange: END=X CMCSOffering->CMCSDelete
67640614mS CMARS: Target: Short_Code: N; - Line_Group_ID: 0 has been set to: CMARS_OUTOFSERVICE
67640614mS CMCallEvt: 0.1480.0 129 ARS for Main: StateChange: END=B CMCSOverlapRecv->CMCSAccept
67640614mS CMCallEvt: 0.1478.0 129 Jodi.0: StateChange: END=A CMCSDialling->CMCSRingBack
67640615mS CMExtnEvt: v=6 State, new=Alerting old=Dialling,0,0,Jodi
67640615mS CMExtnTx: v=206, p1=0
CMProgress
Line: type=DigitalExtn 3 Call: lid=0 id=1478 in=0
IE CMIEProgressIndicator (30) cs=CMCSITUT (0), loc=CMLUser (0), pd=CMPDInbandPattern (8)
Display [WAITING_FOR_LINE]
Timed: 17/09/08 08:19
-----------------------------
In System Status, I'm now getting:

Attempt to use a feature for which no license is installed. License type: Conferencing Center

No free channels were available: Outgoing group ID: 0
----------------------------
I'm also trying to create a second incoming call route. Analog Lines 1-4 and 9-12 are in group 0,0 (incoming, outgoing). They are picked up by AA:AutoAA and everything is great with them.
I added 3 more analog lines for our billing department (13-15). They are definied in group 1,0 (incoming,outgoing). (I want incoming calls routed to a new billing AA, but all outgoing calls to use any available line.
Lines are enabled, created the new AA Billing Group.
Created a new Incoming Route: Line group ID 1 go to go destination AA Billing Group. However the AA never picks up.

2 of the 3 analog lines I just connected are giving an error of Loop Current was not detected. I assume this is an issue with the carier's hardware?

Any light you can shed on this is appreciated.

That's right. 11 total lines, 2 not working (not detecting loop current). 13, 14, and 15 are going to be in their own incoming group so they can have their own AA

It's just in your initial posts you said you had 8 working lines, so you have 9 working lines then? If that's the case it's not your programming at fault it's hardware. If you do only have 8 working lines you need to take the non worker out of group 0.

ACS - IP Office Implement

At that time, the other 3 lines were in an outgoing group 1 so I didn't think to include them in the total.

Yes, we have 9 working lines now. So the IP500 can't have more than 8 lines in an outgoing group?

It can have more than 8, it just meant that we knew what the problem was if you had accidently left one of the dead lines in the group. You could do with physically connecting an analogue handset too each of the 9 lines and make an outgoing call, not just ring in on each one. I know you are not local but that looks to be the only way to narrow down the fault.

Hi,

I am still seeing the No Free Channels available warning in System Status.

Also, today my users are complaining that they appear not to be getting any voicemail. They never go a day without getting voicemail. They have been out of the office since Friday afternoon and haven't received any.

I'm getting really stumped.

Try leaving a test message, also in System status what does it say in resources about VM?

I figured out my unable to get VM problem...turns out I missed a setting in the HG and calls were getting forwarded to nowhere on no answer instead of VM.

As far as the free channels issue.
# In Use Usage Congestion
Data 48 0 0 0
VCM 0 0 0 0
VM 4 0 0 0
Modem 0 0 0 0
Conference 64 0 0 0

Based on usage, I can assume that this is only updated while the System Status Application is open?

When looking at the System Resources, why are there only 4 VM channels?

I think that's where my problem lies with the no free channels available.

When I call in and the AA is playing, the system uses 1 Data channel, 1 VM channel and 1 Conference channel.

Once a call disconnects, it takes about 20-25 seconds for the line to clear.

With only 4 VM channels, this can become saturated very quickly, if we have 2 or 3 incoming calls in the AA and one or two people checking VM.

Also, it looks like we have a disconnect clear issue.

I thought you had checked the clear down on the lines already? You can buy more channels but they are not exactly cheap...a couple of thousand dollars for additional 4 channels I think.

I did check clear down, but only on active calls. Every active call I monitored disconnects properly when they get past the AA. If the calling party disconnects while listing to the AA, the call doesn't disconnect immediately, it hangs on for about 20 seconds. I contaced our provider and he had no idea what I was talking about...asked someone else and they said that the disconnect clear time is set to 2 seconds on their side, so I adjusted the DC time on the lines to 1850ms, didn't help. Adjusted them to 150ms, then 50ms, no help.

In the IP Office System Status, what is the difference between VCM and VM channels? VCM is voice compression right? So just for IP based communication.

VM is used for for voicemail and AutoAttendant obviously. Can you increase the VM channel capacity while using embedded VM?

If I upgrade the IP500 from Std. to Pro and use VMLite, do I still have the 4 channel VM restriction?

IP Office licensing is really getting to me. Seems rather restrictive only be able to handle 4 VM/AA calls at a time.

Lite is restricted to 4 channels and can't be upped, it is restrictive for a resaon...they want you to buy PRO. And yes VCM is used for IP calls and codec mismatches

I have multiple personality's and they go crazy about those licenses too :)

It is the way it works
VMlite is very lite, you need pro to do pro stuff and if you want more then 4 channels

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Tell provider you need a "supervised" or "positive" diconnect, or is that what you already have? This makes the lines clear down quicker.

We actually have service provided by our local cable provider. They use VOIP outbound to their modem, and break the lines out into analog.

I just got off the phone with them again, nobody has any idea of an actual time for disconnect. They asked everyone in the support office. All they said is that it should be "nearly instantaneous".

How can I check to see if the disconnect issue is with our provider, or with the IP Office?

I'm seriously considering dumping Avaya for an asterisk system. The cost of the upgrade for Avaya is more than getting hardware for an Asterisk system, and with Asterisk, I don't have any licensing restriction...just what the hardware can handle.

An upgrade if free, it only cost time !!!

And you think you will not have issues with Asterix :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

take a voltmeter (set to DC) and hang it into the line you want to test, call it and then hang up after the call is answered, the voltage should drop for about 750 ms to have an accurate measurement you would need an oscilloscope connected to the line.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Sounds like the problem is your providor with the boundless knowledge of their kit, if it is and you buy an asterix you've got 2 systems neiter of which work properly because of the lines. You don't get much support with an asterix I believe.

You don't get any "support" with Asterisk...but you have a community of tens of thousands of people backing you, like this forum.

I've used the closed source implementation of Trixbox recently (Fonality), and it was excellent.

You are right though, if the carrier isn't properly handling disconnects, then Asterisk will not help that situation directly.

However, it does eleviate the 4 channel issue I'm having. With 8-11 incoming lines, you can almost guarnatee that the lines will clear before all 8-11 become full.

how many trunk ports do you have available? are any that are not connected, not changed to "out of service"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back