Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple FTP sites - Windows 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatPlus

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
Hello all:

How are FTP sites generated to allow each user access their own home page for FTP purposes

I need to allow full FTP access to individuals, for instance, there are users named TOM; DICK and HARRY, I will have folders as d:\TOM; d:\DICK and d:\HARRY

Each one should be able to SEND and/or GET files from their respective folders

The server has a singular NIC which is assigned a primary IP address. I have gone to Advanced TCP/IP settings and added three IP. I have then created three multiple sites assigning each site with a unique IP address. Each site shows it is running.

The firewall has an access rule that allows inbound FTP traffic to all the secondary IP addresses and all security settings have been checked.

I can FTP in and out of the primary IP address but connection to the 3 secondary IP addresses times out.

Please help

Mickey Shekdar

Have you created entries in your primary DNS file for the additional FTP sites?

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

FTP will by default bring a logged in user to a directory in the root that is the same as their login name. You may be over complicating the problem. All the users can point to the same IP address, just create a folder in the root that's the same as their login name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back