Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgeous

Programmer
Jul 11, 2001
GB
I have a html page with a form. I would like to nest another form within this, but i'm not sure whether it is possible. is it?
Alternatively, i could keep the forms seperate, but I would like to only have one submit button. Is there anyway of doing this?

Thanks

Georgina

what info do you need to have in the form(s)? Tony
reddot.gif WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=2 VSPACE=3

Forms really SHOULD NOT be nested... Why do you need to nest them at all? -----------------------
"It's lonely at the top, but you eat better." -- Unknown

its just a standard input. e.g your name, your email address.
Students have to select their course from a drop down list.
which is dynamic e.g if they choose science, they get another drop down menu saying physics, chemistry, or biology
these two drop down lists are in a <form> of their own.
but i need all the information to be submitted at once

This can all be contained with one FORM. Some additional Javascript will be required to populate the second dropdown menu with the approriate content depending on the first. There have been many posts on this recently in the Javascript forum so you shouldnt have any trouble finding help there.
Tony
reddot.gif WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=2 VSPACE=3

It's posible to do this without making javascript create elements on the fly by using layering, and using javascript to simply modify their z-indexes. This method would use a lot less code, and be easier to modify. -----------------------
&quot;It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.&quot; -- Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back