Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple files on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phytergator

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I have a Contacts file that relates to two other files, F1 and F2 through the same field. When I start FileMaker 5.0 and open the Contacts file, F1 and F2 also open and I cannot close them without shutting FM down. Right now, FM1 and FM2 have no records in them and I only enter data directly into those files, and have fields in my Contacts file that displays a count or calculation from the two related files. How do I keep FM1 and FM2 from opening everytime I open Contacts?

I suspect you've answered your own question. It's the relationship you've established that forces the related files to open.

I guess that is why. Wehn I delete the relationships, I can close the file. I didn't realize that FM needed to have the file open to make the relationship. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back