Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Fields in a Single Text Box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashmanuk

Technical User
Aug 5, 2004
US
Hi there,

I have made a report that shows the details of a Supplier including address, tel number, fax number etc.

The problem I am having is that the address that is being produced by the query is made up of lots of different fields: add1, add2, add3 -> add6. Along with all the other fields displayed by the report, this takes up too much space and will not fit on one page.

Is there anyway that I can can get all the different fields for the address (add1 to add6) to appear in a single text box in the report to try and save some space?

Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help given...

In your text box have the control source =add1&" "&add2 etc

Thanks for that it has got it to work! Not completely though, there are large gaps separating the different fields when they are displayed in the report.

Any idea on how to get rid of these?

Cheers

Am looking at it but how do you use it?

Thanks

Hi

=Trim([add1])&" "&Trim([add2]) etc
The double inverted comma puts a space in between the fields get rid of it you don't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back