Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple entries in proxy list of same name

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryingeverything

Instructor
Jul 30, 2003
US
This happened occasionally in GW 5.5, but now that we have gone to 6.5 it happens alot!

The problem:

some entries in the proxy list are duplicated or even quadrupled. When you go into "proxy" to remove these entries, and click ok, and go back and click on proxy to see the list, the duplicates (triplicates, etc) are still there. Sometimes if you delete one entry at a time, exit GW, then come back in the extras are deleted, but show up later in the list.

Any known bugs? any ideas? is this a user database problem or ? TIA

We experienced this. I think it was in 5.5. Since we upgraded to GW6 the bug has been fixed

Delete all proxies and close Groupwise. When you go back in, there should be no proxies in the list. Add the proxies back the way they should be. This has worked for me in the past; I presume it works with GW 6.5, but I don't know.

I have Groupwise 6 and it does the same thing. I tried what you suggested and it continues to happen. Any other ideas?

The normal way of handling duplicate (or more) entries of the same name in the proxy list (delete, exit gw, open gw, proxy list ok) does not work with this problem.

I have just run "fix and analyze" the user database and this fixed the problem. That is it allowed me to delete all the entries, exit, come back in, fixed now.

just fyi for the rest of you that say you are still having the problem........hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back