Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple email domains on exchange server 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

swdk

Technical User
Jul 19, 2003
GB
how do i set up multiple email domains on 1 exchange server 2k

you need to be a little more clear on your question. Do you want to receive e-mails sent to yoursite.co.uk yoursite.com yoursite.net etc where each of your users have multipul e-mail addresses?.

Nat

Just add the email addresses to your user account properties... As long as the MX record for that Domain name is pointed to your mail server and the email address is assigned on your mail server it will except the mail.

i also have a question about setting multi domain in the Exchange 2000, I have different domain ex. aaa.com, bbb.com, ccc.com. how can i set the pop3 server to receive email from different domain ?

If you mean that you are trying to retrieve mail for multiple domains ....And the mail is on a remote server...

Setup POP3 connectors in System manager to grab the mail... Or you could setup the POP accounts at the client level... Set their SMTP to your server.. And POP3 to the remote server.

--Rory--

I own all the domains and I want to receive all the email of all the domains. That mean i have to set up the POP3 for all the domain, but i don't know how.

no... Who is responsible for DNS for these domains....
if you are using your own DNS make sure the "MX" record is pointed to the public IP address of your mail server...
If your ISP is hosting DNS for you have them make the change.

Now all you have to do is setup active directory under each users properties --> email adderess and add new --> smtp to accept mail for Ex. joe@aaa.com And joe@bbb.com you can have users accept mail from multiple addresses...

If you are unsure where your MX record is pointed go to --> type your domain name into the do stuff box and it will give you all the info you need.

Hope this helps!

--Rory--

Set up all the domains in your recipient policy. Set one of them as your primary. As long as the "this organization is responsible for delivery" check box is checked, then you will receive for any domain you have an MX record for. One of my clients receives for over 20 domain names. If you leave your user accounts alone, they should automatically update with SMTP addresses that you specify.

As to the POP3.... what do you want it to do? Pick up mail from external sources, or do you have users who are going to use a POP3 app to pick up their mail?

PSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back