Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple email addresses w/Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgsresearch

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
US
If a user has two Internet email addresses, is there any way to select which address is used to "SEND" a message. I have seen Outlook Express display a dropdown box in the "FROM" field. Is this possible in Outlook 97?

Not sure. My Outlook 2000 has a send button (at home, right?) with a little dropdown arrow next to it and, when I hit the dropdown, all my accounts show.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Dreamboat,thanks for the quick response. I however am a bit confused. My Outlook Express displays a "From" button, but my Outlook does not. I am probably not configured properly, so any help in setting up my Outlook correctly would be great. If it ain't broken, play with it till it breaks.

When you create a new email, click on View and you will see From Field and BCC Field. You can then select it and they will always be on your new emails.

You need to send new message, click on view, then select "from field", and this will show that field.. if you notice after you do this, it now has a check mark next to it under view.

moram, I'm sorry, I can't help you further because I am only at home and only with Outlook 2000.

If you are a home user with Outlook 97, then I suggest you upgrade to Outlook 98, which I'm pretty sure you can still download for free at It will have these options.

I believe the difference is that 97 did not have the internet mail only option and this makes certain things different. But then, these other guys may have 97 and are telling you what they see.

Also try I'm still checking out how I feel about that site, so if it sucks, I'm sorry.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

When you are in the message creation screen, you should see a small pull-down menu (one of those little downward-pointing triangles) beside the "send" button at the left hand corner of the menu.

If you select this, you will see a list of the all the profiles from which you can send the mail. Select the one you want -- but not until you're ready to send the mail, as selecting it will send immediately...

I *think* you can also right-click on the send button in the message creation screen to see the same option...

Apologies if my memory is slightly off on this one I don't have Outlook in front of me here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back