Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

eperez923

Programmer
Jul 13, 2007
US
I have 5 or 6 phones set up with a DN 250. Therefore if anyone needs to get a hold of an admin they call 250. Anyways, all of these phones are M3904's is there anyway I can make two analog lines ring whenever they call this extension?

Don't see why not so long as MARP is enabled in your switch. It will show as a MIX (Dig/Analog) set when you pull up the DN.

I guess what I meant to say is that the Digital phones I have alreadt have an extension (example: 200, 201, 202, 203 etc) and another key is programmed with extension 250.
THe analog lines already have an extension also (300, 301) and I am wondering if these two analog lines can be configured to ring when i dial 250 as the digital phones do?

You may be able to do this using a phantom tn. Remove 250 from all the phones, build a phantom tn (500), that ftr's to each extension you want it ring. You would have to enter each phone sets extension as its own ftr/fdn

Here's a copy of set that I have set up, towards the bottomw you will see FTR_FDN ext

TN 004 0 13 00
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 2xxx 4 MARP
CPND
NAME Spring
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG
HUNT 2xxx
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
LNRS 16
XLST
SCI 0
CLS UNR DTN FBA XFA WTA THFD FNA HTA ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWA RMMD SMWA LPA XHD SLKD CCSD LNA TVD
CFTD SFA MRD C6D CNIA CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMA LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTA ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHA DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
RCO 0
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR CFW 4
FTR FDN 2xxx

If I remove the extension 250 from all phones and create a phantom tn of 250. Under ftr_fdn I put in all the extensions I want to ring? Does it allow you to put in more than one extension?
Also, I have never created a phantom tn, what exactly do I do? DO i just create an extension on an unused analog tn?

Print unused TN's w/your type as 500. if you have phantom TN's, you'll see them towards the end of the list. they usually have higher number Loops, like 64 or 120. they'll also say PHTM or PHNTM, something like that.

from LD 10, 11 or 20, build new, enter 500 as the set, then the Phantom TN. add your DN, fill out the other prompts, then when you get to the FTR prompt, enter DCFW 4 DN.

basically you're telling the Switch to Direct Call Forward to 4 digits and you're giving the extension you want calls forwarded to. good luck.

What he is wanting to do is have 5-6 different extensions ring when 1 extension (250) is dialed (250 is not one of these 5-6 phones).

Of course you can add 250 to the digital phones but for the analog lines, there is no way (that I know of) to have them ring when 250 is dialed when they are other extensions (300, 301).

The phantom will not work because that will only forward the dialed extension to 1 ext., not multiple ext. at the same time.

If anybody has a solution to that, I would like to know as well. However I dont think it will be possible.

make the dn 250 a group call? use pickup.. use mcr? set the system up like a pbx instead of a key system?..

one solution i used back when changing a customer from a large key to small pbx was to add area chime's or ringers.. then the "front office" could use pickup.. for nights the security office as a bfs key on the area chime..

so if the att was there she could bfs and get all the calls, or she could press the bfs again and allow the area bells to ring.. not a pbx solution, but a work around when customers don't know how to use a pbx.. call pdn, transfer.. not call the main line, "hold and holler" transfer works great at a gas station

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Im just curious, what is a group call? Is that something that can be set up on an option 11 or 61?

You could set up the aux ringer like johnpoole is talking about, but I believe that your users walk around an office building with a portable, so you would have to put ringers all over the building and when they hear it ring they could use the pickup feature.

Nevermind, I know what your talking about with Group call (Key).
That will work if there is a known set of callers from one of the internal phones. That will not work with external callers, or callers without the Group Call Key though.

You will also be limited to 6 members of the group on your Option 11 also, if you do decide to set that up.

I am assuming the group call key is only on digital phones and not on analog phones, so that will not work if that is the case. I have it working with digital phones as I set up a key with the 250 extension., I guess I was just wondering if there was a way to somehow make it work with the analog lines also. THe analog lines are cordless that is why I wanted to add them on the 250 extension. Extension 250 is for admins, and if they are needed people just dial 250 and an admin picks up. I set them up with analog lines (cordless) because they are always walking around or setting up servers so an analog phone is perfect for moving around. It would be perfect if I can have there phone ring as the digital phones already ring when dialing 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back