Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple DIDs, MARP and CFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

attreau

Technical User
Sep 2, 2003
US
I have several 3904 sets that have SCR's of DID numbers on several keys. The DID's are all MARP'd to one set. When this set is physically call forwarded to voicemail, the DID on Key 0 goes directly to mail. However, the DID's on the other keys only go to mail after the FDN. I am trying to make all DID's go directly to mail like the one on Key 0.

If I remove the appearances of the DID's off all other phones except the one I am using to CFW, the DID's all go to mail right away like I want. Once I add the DID as an SCR on another set, the trouble returns.

Anyone ever experience this before? Help would be appreciated.

The CFW key of a set ONLY applies to the KEY 0 of that set, or any other DN's that ONLY appear on that set. Once you have a DN on another set, the CFW loses control over the non-key 0 DN's. I believe there is a way to invoke a CFW from another set, but not by simply activating one CFW key for a number of DN's.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

turn marp on in your switch and all dn's marped on that set will follow the fdn.. i have a 2616 in the switchroom with 12 did's marped, they all stop ringing when i forward

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

MARP is on and all DN's are MARP'd to the set I am Call Forwarding. They Forward if there are no other SCR's of the numbers on any other phones. If the numbers appear on any other phone, they do not Forward. Is there a fix for this?

Check the LHK setting and make sure that it is equal to the last key number.

LHK = last key with an SCR (KEY 8). There are no feature keys in between the SCR Keys. (Key 0 thru 8 are SCR XXXX).

I think you will find your answer in the below feature description for CFW. Only calls to the Prime DN or any single appearance DN on the telephone are forwarded. In your case the other DN apearances also appear on other sets and probably key 0. Hope this helps you.

Feature description:
Call Forward All Calls (CFW) automatically forwards incoming calls to another destination, within or outside the system. Only calls to the Prime DN or any single-appearance DN on the telephone are forwarded. Outgoing calls
can still be placed from the telephone when Call Forward is active. Call Forward All Calls can be selectively activated depending on the source of the originating party.

When you use Multiple Appearance DNs (MADNs), call redirection is determined based on the Terminal Number (TN) order in your DN block. To determine the TN order, print the DN block from LD 20 or LD 22 (TYPE = DNB). When a call comes in to an MADN, the system begins a search to determine how the call will be handled. Using the TN list you printed, the system performs the following search, beginning at the bottom of the TN list, and working up.
1 Searches for the first Prime DN appearance of the MADN with Call Forward All Calls activated.
2 If there are no Prime DN appearances, the Call Forward All Calls cannot be activated.

Note: The search does not necessarily determine the lowest numerical TN. The search starts at the bottom of the TN list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back