Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Details Sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

wroot

MIS
Jan 9, 2002
US
Hello Everyone
i am new to Crystal Reports and I need some help.
I am trying to save some paper and print the same report 3 times on the same piece of 8 1/2 by 11 paper.
It seems like if I could create several details sections or somthing similiar it would sovle my probelem, but I cannot figure out how to do that.
Does anyone have any ideas
thanks
Dave

You can insert multiple detail sections, but it sounds like you need to replicate the whole report 3 times.

Hence, you should simply save the report, and then insert it 3 times, as unlinked subreports, into another main report.

Cheers,
- Ido ixm7@psu.edu

if you cant use subreports (which I didnt think was possible but I really do have a client that CANNOT use subreports, go figure!) and you KNOW that the information will not overflow onto more than one page (small small amounts of data) then you can use multiple detail sections and copy and paste it into each of them.

Be careful because if theres too much data coming in the detail section will grow and move to the next page and you will have a mess.

Ive had to do this with creating checks and stubs - it does work (although I know the subreport is easier!)

lmc
cryerlisa@hotmail.com

thanks for the help
I had some luck with creating 3 columns in the one detail section.
Dave

I essentially created three 8 x 3.5 labels.
You can do that by using the formating options in the detail section

I am new to this stuff, it is probably the wrong way of doing things, but it worked for me

Dave

very interesting.

When you say labels I am assuming text boxes, correct?

Did this effectively SET the sizing on them so they cannot grow (even when in the details section?)

No not just text boxes.
I have text boxes, database fields, pictures, lines, and boxes there is all kinds of stuff in the detail section, it is just squished into a 8 x 3.5 section. In the format section options, there is an option to format with multiple columns. that is where I set the columns up.

As far as the sizing goes, if you have too much stuff there it will only allow two columns or one column crystal regulates that itself. I did a lot of trial and error to get the 3 columns to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back