Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple cover no answer points 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcoTech

Programmer
May 24, 2004
US
How can you have multiple forward no answer (coverage points) with Cisco without effecting the forward no answer points of the phones involved?

Example: Phone 1 is called but no one answers, so then it goes to phone 2 no answer, then it tries phone 3, then back to vm on phone 1. But when phone 2 is called directly it just goes to voice mail and no where else.

Put another extension on each of the phone with no call forward no anwer settings. Use those extensions.

It is what it is!!

Could I also setup a pilot/hunt group and put that DN in the call no answer field? and if so will it go back to the vm on the orginal phone if no one in the hunt picks up?

the only problem with sending the call to a line group is that the cfna and cfb on the phone is not obeyed, the call follows what the hunt group properties are. i guess you could add unity at the end of the hunt and add an alternate extension for that unity subscriber to get the call to the right vm box.

I ended up making a line group with the three phones, and then creating a route list, with the line group first, then the voice mail line group next. So it hunts through the first three people then goes to the next group, which is unity, and it sends the call to Unity, were I have a routing rule setup to see the digits and send it to a specified user mail box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back