Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple copies of mails sent from outlook express

Status
Not open for further replies.

montee

Technical User
Aug 11, 2005
IE
Hi guys

one of my users has this error message poping up
Whenever she attempts to send a mail "Some errors occured while processing the requested tasks. "but if she clicks on recive all she collects her mails ok the problem is with sending it, The email message appears to stay in her
outbox; and whenever she attempts to send the mail it loops back to the same error box; it is, in fact sending the
message, but multiple times.the only time it will leave the outbox is when she closes OE entirely
Any ideas!! i have created another identity for her on another pc and it work fine,it cant be virus cos i just formatted her system,her anti virus is up to date and scans her pc daily what im suspecting is that this might be a internal glitch from outlook i would be gratefull on how to get around this

Thnx in advance

What's the error code in the message? Do you get the same problem if you do a receive before trying to send ? There is a problem with at least one ISP that doesn't do proper user authorization on sends and they fail until the user does a receive first which does the authorization.

There is no error message the details portion is blank
The user is in one of our satelite offices and connects to my server in the head office there is no need for authorisation on send
I have tried deleting the outbox.dbx file, it worked but i later got a call from the user that the problem had started again i think that i have to uninstall....????? unless ...men im stumped.

With OE closed, delete the file outbox.dbx Open OE & let us know....

i tried that before it didnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back