Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

boab1965

Technical User
Nov 4, 2005
GB
I'm trialling folder redirection for our laptop users. I've set-up a new OU and redirected the folders to their new location. I created a test account and moved that to the new OU. It was initially going well until last Friday. I can login ok but when I logout I get this message.

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by
the same user, using more then one username, are not
allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the
server or shared resource and try again.
We get this error with both mapped network drives as well
as through network place.

Any Ideas what causing it and how to get round it?

Thanks

Robert

Thanks.

It's OK when the account is logged in. It's only when I logout that I get the message.

When I log off from the OU test account it starts to synchronise then pulls up the Connect to Domain box. If I type the OU test account I get the message. It's only started when I changed the password.

Robert

If you are redirecting the folder, you shouldn't need to synchronize... Did you try creating another test user and see if you can recreate it again?

Matt Wray

I'm letting the folder synchronise because they're laptops and they get taken offsite.

I created a new account and move it to the new OU. Same thing happened. Weird how it was working fine. Haven't changed anything.

Thanks for the help

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back