Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Connections problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhudson

Technical User
Mar 8, 2001
US
I have a user whose laptop is configured to use Outlook for e-mail. We access the net (and our e-mail) via our T-1 line. He also needs to be able to use a dial-up connection to check his e-mail from home. Outlook is configured to have 2 accounts, one for home (modem) and one for work (network connection).

The problem is, when checking mail at work via the network, Outlook insists on trying to also use the dial-up account to check mail. I couldn't find any setting in Outlook to prevent this from happening.

Any suggestions? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Go into start>settings>control panel>internet options. CLick on the connections tab, and make sure the T-1 connection is set as the default net connection. That's all I can think of at this time, but if I get more ideas, I'll be sure to let you know! s-) clgx299@earthlink.net
I came, I saw, I connected at 48.8...

which version of outlook? you would want to be sure in your account properties you don't have a connection specified, it should read "any available" then it will use the default connection in ie

Thanks, I'll double-check that tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back