Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Combo Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibike

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
IT
Hello,
Is there any way to use a combo box which is able to set for the user more than one values choose from there.

Thank you for advance!

Yes,
Use multiple="Yes"

Example:
<select name='tn' multiple=&quot;Yes&quot;>

Thank you mansii for your feedback.

Yes, I tried this solution already but I'd need to keep that dropdown box format which is enable to choose only one item from the list.
Is that any way to make a box like that?

Now, that I'm confused. First you want to enable user to select more than one. Maybe you want something like this:

<select name='tn' onchange='document.FormName.submit()' multiple=&quot;Yes&quot; size=&quot;1&quot;>

Am I right?
mansii

Mansii or somebody else,
You know how the combo box looks like, so I'd like to make this kind of combo box (I mean in this box able to see the all elements what is in the box) just I need to select more than one element from this box.

Is that any solution this?

ibike,
User can multi select items by clicking selection(s) while presing Ctrl or Shift button on the keyboard. Sure, there are other ways such as putting javascript program.
Hope this helps.
mansii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back