Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Columns on Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadCatmk2

Programmer
Oct 3, 2003
GB
I have a question regarding formatting part of a report with multiple columns. I am using Crystal 9 with an Access database.

My report is connecting to a database table called "CONTACTS". In this table i have fields for {patient_no}, {date_of_visit}, {staff_no}, {KW_number}.
I have set up the report to list count the contacts made to a particular {KW_number} and what {staff_no} made the contacts. The report is grouped on {staff_no}.

The Group header contains the {staff_no} and a summary of how many contacts have been made by that staff member.
The details section is suppressed as is the group footer.
At present the output of the report looks like this:

Staff_No Count of Contacts
10000 123
10001 56
10002 156
10003 100

What i'd like to do is have the report display these details in two columns but i cannot seem to get this part working: Ideal output looks like this:

10000 123 10002 156
10001 56 10003 100

Could somebody please let me know how to go about setting up multiple columns for the group header or point me to a post which sheds some light on this subject.

Thanks in advance

Apologies. I got it workin. Sorry for any inconvenience

Thanks anyway.

Goto Report, Section Expert,
Click on Details,
Check 'Format With Multiple Columns',
Click on 'Layout' Tab,
Key in a Width (for a test just put in 9 for now),
Check 'Format Groups with multiple column',
Click on OK.

You should find this looks perfect [smile]

Hope this helps...