Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple columns disappear when exporting to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotwal01

Programmer
Nov 8, 2001
SE
Hello,

I have a VB6 Application where I create a report with RDC and active data. The report has multiple columns. The problem I have is when the user export the report to Excel the multiple columns disappear! What can I do??

/Lotta

If you would export to Excel just using Crystal, does the same thing happen? Are the fields constants? Howard Hammerman,

Crystal Reports training, consulting, books, training material, software, and support. Scheduled training in 8 cities.
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

What do you mean by "just using Crystal"? I use active data and a ttx file => "Report.Database.SetDataSource rs".

/Lotta

I think he means, if you are using Crystal directly instead of through the VB application.

The answer would be yes, the multi-columns become one column when exporting directly from Crystal to Excel. If you find the postings here in the Tek-Tips Forum helpful, please let us know by using the "Click here" option. (you don't have to be the poster) It's painless and lets us know our help has been useful and is appreciated.

Mike

Thanks,

Do you by any chance know how to prevent that from happening?

/Lotta

Hi there,
if you've found any solution please let me know.
thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back