Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple charts on a report - too many parameter prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

elisharae

Technical User
Aug 24, 2002
US
I created a query which prompts the user for a style# when it runs. I then created a report based on this query. On the report are several charts based on the same query.

The report & charts seem to be working properly, except that each time the report runs it prompts the user for a style# once for the report, and once for each chart in the report. I only want to be promted once - the report & its charts should always display info about the same style#.

I have - style# - typed in the link child and master field sections of the chart properties, but if I click the build button, I can't link unbound forms. Is this related to my problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,
I guess I'm answering my own question. I didn't realize when I asked this question that I could make the criteria line of my query based on a field of a report. In the criteria row of the style# column of my query, I typed:

[Reports]![ReportName]![Style #]

This seems to have fixed my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back