Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple charts from a select query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2004
US
I have a query that groups records on a table by the location field. How can I create multiple charts from this query in one report. This the example of the queries result.

Location Date MPY
A-16 5/1/2003 5
A-16 3/1/2003 2
A-16 4/1/2003 5
A-13 6/1/2003 13
A-13 3/1/2003 17
A-13 9/1/2002 6
A-19 12/1/2002 8
A-19 6/1/2003 1
B-16 12/1/2002 2
B-16 6/1/2003 14
B-16 10/1/2003 1

I would like a report or form with three different charts in one chart area.

Are you trying to create a plot with location as the Y axis, the date as the X axis and the value (MPY)? If that is what you are trying to do, you need to create a crosstab query with your current query and then use VBA to do your plotting. I've just completed a series of plots similar to this. If that is what you are after, I can find the demo program for you that I used to get started. It allowed multiple plots on the same report; they were x-y scatter plots. If your after bar charts or others, then you might have to dig a little deeper, but I see how that could be done.

The location would basically be the title of the chart. The date X axis and MPY y axis. I need a line or bar graph for each location. Thanks for your help.

I really need help. I am creating a query for every location, then I create a chart for every query. I would like to skip the query part, and be able to chart my table grouped by location. I read somewhere that it is possible to have multiple charts in one chart space. Please help! I need to find an answer soon.

Thanks in advance.

BusMgr,
I am trying to do the same thing as what NewShortStuff is doing and I was looking for some code to help me start off .... I noticed in this posting that you offered to find a demo program to help get started. I would like to know if you could help me out. I am trying to do the same thing and I am running into road blocks. It should work the same as what it does in Excel but I can't get it to do the same thing. I have 3 graphs to put into one chart area. it's not very easy and there is not real help out there. Can you help me?

thanks for any help you can send my way.

mcrats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back