Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Business Units For a Sngle Trading Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhutektips

Programmer
Sep 9, 2003
US
Hi All,

I have a situation where there are multiple business units for a single trading partner. To receive an 835 do I need different ISA receiver codes or different GS receiver codes.
(The situation is all the busines units send a single claim file to the trading partner(no issues here). When we receive 835(the claim money) how will the different business units receive there share of claims money. To set up like this what do we need different GS codes or both ISA and GS codes)

Thanks A Bunch
Madhu

You can use either method. Different GS receiver IDs is probably the easiest way to to it. With multiple ISA then if you use a VAN, then they have to set it all up.
We use a combination of both, but since we are a large corporation then the multiple ISAs are not an issue for us.

Usually different ISA's is easier to manage and diferentiate.

If you want use neither, manipulate your patient control number to reflect who should receive the payment ( at the claim level) or Line Service control Number (at service line level).
Use a format like DIVISION-Controlnumber.

HTH.

If each business unit uses a different VAN mailbox then you need to use a different id's at the ISA level. If they use the same mailbox I would just use the N1 segment to differentiate the units if possible. It really depends on how much control you have on the design of the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back