Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Blue screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

FS

Technical User
Oct 5, 2001
GB
On startup booting into Windows 98SE I encounter multiple blue screens one after another. First error "Volume from the drive was removed. Please make sure this volume can be removed". Second error "file system mounted on the volume had data that needed to be flushed. Some data on the volume was lost. Next time please check first to see if the volume can really be removed." I am unsure what I have removed.
Third error after pushing any key to continue "fatal exception occured at 018F:BFF9DFF. The current application will be terminated." After pressing any key to continue I get a black screen with a white box saying "error Mediadet.exe" close or continue. I have searched Microsoft knowledge base and Tek-Tips forums for a lengthy time and have found no solution. Please can you help. Thanking you for any advice.

Sounds like a problem relating to some compression program. Are you running DriveSpace or other compression software? If so on which drives? Give more information as to your system, particularly as to HDD’s, and removable media drives.

In addition to TopHat2's request, you might also indicate whether your memory or video card has been upgraded.
Butch

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts"

Problem is three files (wnaspi32.dll, winaspi.dll and apix.vxd)being modified by scsi devices and software packages. Solution is too replace with files from your operating system cd-rom.
For Win 98 Winaspi.dll and wnaspi32.dll are in the CAB 39
Apix.vxd is in the CAB 45
When you extract these files to the Windows directory it works perfectly.
Winaspi.dll and wnaspi32.dll are to extract to the directory: c:\windows\system
and Apix.vxd is to extract to the directory: C:\Windows\system\IOSUBSYS
Take control of your life, not someone else's

I have know compression programs installed nor are any of my HDD compressed. I do have Winzip if you are talking about compression programs but I dont think this is what you mean. I have one 20G HDD with 3 partisions on it. I do not have any removable media drivers other than a CD writer. I have Nortons Utils on and Nortons System Check keeps reporting lost clusters on drive C:\ which I cannot fix although it gives me the option to do so. Win Scandisk does not find any problems. I have upgraded my graphics drivers but the problem started before that. I have Nortons Clean Sweep. Now I have a feeling this programe might have removed somthing that it shouln't have. In which case I have no idea what it was because Clean sweep indicated that it was safet to do so. Is Clean sweep a good Util ??? Whoozhe has recomended somthing metioned above that I will try. Anything come to mind please dont hesitate to let me know.
Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back