Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Accpac Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

skier1284

Technical User
Nov 1, 2007
US
hello everyone,

I have a few questions maybe you can help clarify for me:

1. Is it possible to start over the numbers of batch numbers at 1 at the beginning of each month rather than the beginning of each year? I know in other accounting software this is possible. With Accpac there are hundreds of batch numbers per year.

2. Is it possible to print the chart of accounts for only accounts having a segment one, or segment one and two, etc.? I know this is possible using financial reporter, but I wanted to do this directly from accpac.

3. Is there a way to print net balances for the month directly from Accpac without using financial reporter. I would like a report button similar to the trial balance command, but with net balances and the option to do this per month.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Adam

1. Very bad idea, it means you can't do drill downs.
2. Sure, that's a simple Crystal report.
3. Yes, use Crystal and look at GLAFS.

How do I create a crystal report? Not sure if my company has that capability?

You can buy Crystal reports from lots of places. If you're on Accpac 5.4, you need Crystal version XI.

I thought crystal reports came with AccPac and yes I do have version 5.4?

The Crystal editor does not come with Accpac, only the run-time engine. You have to buy it if you want to make your own reports or customize the standard ones.

1. Agreed, bad idea - basically you are throwing away history, there is no value in doing that.
2 & 3. Print the reports for Q2 and Q3 in Financial Reporter, it's way simpler than Crystal.

If you do not have the ability to do your own Crystal Reports then you should consider Accpac Query. It is a very nice, easy to learn and use, reporting tool. And it's pretty inexpensive to boot.

Hi Skier1284,

Not sure if you had figured this out as yet. For your second question, all you have to do is to select "Segment" as your "sort by". Once you do this, then select the segment you want to sort by and the range you desire. The Chart of Accounts will only print those account that have the selected segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back