Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple accounts in Outlook 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFChristie

Programmer
Oct 25, 2002
US
I've got 7 accounts I check in my outlook. How do I "send" from one so that the "From" (with label) on the mail that is received shows the correct address?

In the past I've just been changing the "Reply To" value in the Options information, but I just discovered that doesn't change the From value, just what's used if Reply is checked.

I need to be able to send emails from each of the seven accounts, and amy stuck.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure which version of Outlook you're using. I am using Outlook 2002 (XP). On the menu under 'tools', go to 'e-mail accounts'. Then select the account you wish to change (edit) and in the 'user information' section change the 'Name' field to what you want to appear in the 'From' field. You can enter a different name or an e-mail address, a company name, whatever.
These steps would also be similar if you were using Outlook 2000, although you might have to look around a little. HTH
BB

A possible alternative: I have 1 account with 5 mailboxes. Each mailbox has it's own name in our domain. All mailboxes are viewable in the folder list when I sign on to my main account. I can create a message while in any mailbox and from within the message select "view", "From Field" and a new "from" field is available in the header in which one then types the name of the mailbox one wishes the recipient to recieve from and reply to. This works in both Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002.

HFChristie,

If you are using Outlook 2000 (I am not sure of XP), while you are creating the new message click on the Options Button on the toolbar. It then brings up a dialog box and one of the options is "Send mail using:". In the drop-down box you should see all your accounts listed and be able to select the account you wish to send through.

Hope this helps! Skypper :)

Thanks.

I'm using Outlook 2000, so Skypper's answer was the one I can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back