Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multimedia control 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFrantsen

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
US
Starting a new thread. Butchered the last one.

How do I skip ahead using the multimedia control? I need to just ahead 10 seconds (or some other amount) in a selection.

Thanks.
Greg.

Check out the MMC's From, To, and TimeFormat properties.

Good Luck

Thanks. That worked great.
Now, I have a new request from the user (don't you just LOVER scope creep!?).
They want to be able to control the volume automatically.
Have the songs "fade out" or "fade in".

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Greg.

Check out the API's WaveOutSetVolume and WaveOutGetVolume

Good Luck

Thanks. Those APIs work great. I can set and monitor the volume on the wave device. Now my only problem is trying to do the actual fade. Volumes are expressed in Hex (FFFFFFFF being max, 00000000 being min). The first 4 are for one channel, the second for the other.
I want to do a fade effect, but I'm not sure how to increment/decrement the value.
Sorry, hex has never been my strong point.

OK, I check it out. I don't get it. I wanted to convert the hex values to numbers, increment/decrement them, convert them back and then adjust the volume.
I seem to get wierd results.
Here's some stuff I copied from the Debug window.

?&HFFFF
?hex(-1)
FFFF
?hex(65535)
FFFF

How can hex(-1) be the same as hex(65535)?
When I get the volume with &HFFFF it returns -1. That's SUPPOSED to be max volume.

Lost again.
Greg.

Try creating constants for the options that you want or setting an array with the values that you want.

Private Const No_Vol = &H0000
Private Const MaxVol = &HFFFF

VolArray(0) = &H0000
VolArray(1) = &H000F

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back