Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multimedia Chat Customization

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImanM93

Systems Engineer
Jul 16, 2018
IR
Hello everyone,

Recently, I was trying to customize the queue public-facing for different queues.
According to the documents, I edited chat.public.config.js (Down the list, ChatQueues) and when I did refresh the related web page nothing showed up. When I try to edit the DefaultConfig (without editing ChatQueue), I have had not any problems and can customize the default configs, but when it comes to ChatQueues I face the above problem. I've attached a picture of this problem, JavaScript file is also attached.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ab8bcb06-22b2-4c49-b51d-8cb5f4695537&file=chat_queue.jpg
What kind of customization?
Are your queues set to bypass the default landing page?
What version of MiCC are you running?

- So if you revert to the original file all options show properly?
- Are you trying to customize the front facing or bypass the main selection screen and go directly to the chat page? - if so are you putting in the variables properly to feed the page behind?
- I know that in some multimedia forms there is a line in the JS script that no longer works. - Even with that aside I strongly recommend going to 9.1.1 - it is drastically improved on the back end and Web Ignite interface. There are pages of fixes and improvements.
- If you hit f12 when loading the pages you can go into developer mode in the browser and look for the code that is giving you issue. It could be file rights access to custom logos, etc.

Thank you for your reply.
-yes, original file works finely.
-I want to customize front facing. I have 4 different queues and each one needs a unique public-facing.
-when I press f12 and then reload the page I receive this error: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined in .js files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back