Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiline Appearance on SIP Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

808user

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
I have a CS1000E with beta 7.5 software. I built a SIP phone on a 1220 telset and I was able to login and make and receive calls. When I tried to add an appearance of another DN to my phone (doesn't belong to anybody else), I cannot login the new number and get a 404 not found message. Is it because the new DN is not a PDN on a separate TN that will give it a unique SIPU (SIP user name)?

I would have thought if you were a Beta test site, you would be able to contact Avaya/Nortel for this type of support?

Since the software is not even GA yet.... gonna be hard to get an answer....

I've heard that 7.5 will be GA very shortly (end of November). I'll wait till then. Thanks.

You can configure multiple
DNs for each user using
Alias;

this applied to 6.0

not sure if still does in 7x

I finally got it to work using the alias in the provisioning script. I had part of the solution earlier but I missed a key statement - "PROMPT_ENABLE_YES" should be set to "YES". I followed the example in the NTP "SIP Software for Avaya 1100 Series IP Deskphones-Administration" under "Multi User". Here is the example in the book:
AUTOLOGIN ENABLE USE AUTOLOGIN_ID
PROMPT_AUTHNAME_ENABLE YES <-----this is what I missed
AUTOLOGIN_ID_KEY01 2257@avaya.com
AUTOLOGIN_AUTHID_KEY01 johnsmith1234
AUTOLOGIN_PASSWD_KEY01 123456

AUTOLOGIN_ID_KEY02 2222@avaya.com
AUTOLOGIN_AUTHID_KEY01 johnsmith1234

Thanks to everyone who steered me in the right direction.

I am having the same issue does anyone know what the AUTHNAME should be?? I tried the UADN but that does not seem to be it any help would be great!

The Authname would be the userID of the phone's TN. Here is what I used for my phone (I changed the domain name here) where I added two other phones userID to my phone's appearance. The documents state that the userID cannot be the same as the DN for KEY 0 in the PBX, so I put a prefix "AA". In my script, I referenced KeY02 and KEY03 with my "AUTHID" (Authname) and it seems to work (knock on wood).

AUTOLOGIN_ENABLE USE_AUTOLOGIN_ID
PROMPT_AUTHNAME_ENABLE YES
AUTOLOGIN_ID_KEY01 AA4010@avaya.com
AUTOLOGIN_AUTHID_KEY01 AA4010

AUTOLOGIN_ID_KEY02 AA4020@avaya.com
AUTOLOGIN_AUTHID_KEY02 AA4010
AUTOLOGIN_PASSWD_KEY02 123456

AUTOLOGIN_ID_KEY03 AA4030@avaya.com
AUTOLOGIN_AUTHID_KEY03 AA4010
AUTOLOGIN_PASSWD_KEY03 123456

Status