Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MULTILANGUAGE SUPPORT IN DIRECTOR 8.5 or MX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlayerRo

Programmer
Jan 9, 2006
RO
i have a little question...can director 8.5 or mx support multilanguage texts? i'm from romania and i need a text with romanian characters...but director cant read them... anyone have a clue??please..thx

It's one of the biggest problems with Director. Currently Director doesn't support Unicode, so it cannot display Romanian characters.

I usually use Flash if I need Unicode characters.

There has been much talks about this issue in the Director community and hopefully resolved in the next release of Director 11.

Kenneth Kawamoto

ok..thx a lot.. hope they fix this problem coz i realy need unicode ch

there's another small problem... i can make him recognise some romanian ch (3 out of 5 ch.) and i realy dont get it :( if u have some time to spend on it great..thx

It seems you can only display 2 out of 5 Romanian characters in Director: â ([â]) and î ([Î]). I presume because these two are part of ASCII set. Other 3 aren't, unfortunately.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Kenneth, I managed to input romanian fonts in Director(finaly :p). Just download a font editor and change values and then embend the new font in director... that should work for characters that director cant show

none.. :D just the same ch that should work in director..just edit them..move them 1 px in any direction and them apply unicod on them..then install the font(make copy of old one :p) and director should reconiz them with the special ch u need..only one more problem :) (as allways) u cant right directly into dorector, u must right them in director without ch, copy text into a word doc, applie the ch with another font that reconiz u're ch, then copy the text back to director and applie u're modify font to the text..that's about it :D...the program i used it's "Font Creator 5.0" if u need it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back