Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multicast Topology change problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatonk

ISP
Sep 27, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a Cisco 3560 Switch configured in ip igmp snooping querier mode, since multicast traffic doesn't need to be routed but switched at L2.
I have another 3560 switch setup as a backup, the maximum multicast traffic reaches 540 Mbit/s. My problem is that when topology change occurs it saturates the quality of video stream (picture) for few seconds until the new multicast forwarding table is converged. I have tried to tweak TCN Flooding (even stoped flooding) but while topology change occurs it stops sending video stream until the convergence is reached. Does anyone has an idea how to tweak the multicast traffic from saturating the link.

Regards

Faton

I see, no way to solve it at L2, the router should be setup.

No PIM enabled, 3560 is configured as L2 Switch no routing is enabled, I think that spanning-tree portfast should solve the problem, since it will supress Topology changes.

For STP, but not for any routing protocols...that is for any other devices (L3) involved, that is...

/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back