Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi-site Avaya IP Office question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvk5771

Technical User
Jul 26, 2013
US
What determines whether we should go with a multi-site license or have separate ip500v2 units for locations 7 miles apart connected via fiber for data?

One location will have 90 ip phones and 50 analog devices
The other location will have 50 ip phones and 20 analog devices

What is a multi site license?

Because you have so many analog devices you definitely need 2 IP500's for this, one on each location and then it is just a matter of where you want to put the voicemail server because you can only have 1 in an SCN (backup or distributed aside)
make it 2 IPOO's and depending on how heavy you use the voicemail (fully auto or live answer) get 4, 8 or 12 SCN trunks aka networking licenses for the connection.
What are the local trunks on this, PRI or SIP I hope.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

We will be using the auto attendant. The trunks are PRI currently and will continue to be with the ip office units. Thanks for the input. Do you have any ideas about a cheap ip phone for the a manufacturing floor setting? We will be using 9608 units almost everywhere else.

The 1608 or even the horrific looking 1603 are cheap.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Just 90+50 IP sets and fiber between?
Configure everything in one IP500v2 and use the 2nd IP500v2 just for the analog ports.
SCN liecenses still needed.

Isn'tthe E129 the cheapest IP phone although it only works for later releases.

You could always look at refurbished phones for manufacturing floor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back