Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi Path support in Novell

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovellJim

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2001
US
Hello. I wrote a couple days ago with Emulex LP8000 woes, which I have now solved. (whew) Now, the problem seems to be there is no support for failover pathing. If I start a large copy out to my SAN, and pull the link out of the primary card, it should think about it for a few seconds and then take off on the redundant link. However, Netware just dismounts the volume and fails it so now it is not accessible. Any thoughts from the guru's? I am looking feverishly on the web as well as looking for input from here.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

Well I'm very new to SAN stuff and never used it with NetWare, but I'll take a shot. I am also going with knowledge from an EMC 4700 which may or may not be the same as what you have. In anycase, have you looked at which storage processor the LUN for your volume is on? For instance, if card A goes to SPA and card B goes to SPB and vol1 is on SP A, if you unplug SPA you might not be able to see vol1 anymore. In a clustered environment that should be ok, because your cluster should fail over and everyone should be happy. If your not in a cluster that perhaps that is it. Also you may want to look at your Zoning on your Fabric Switches.

Again, I am by no means a SAN expert and have never used it for NetWare. The simplest fix though would be to not unplug it at all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back