Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi Pages PDFS to Multi PAge Tiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2004
US
I need to create multi page Tiff Files from Multipage PDF Files. Do you know how could I do this?

Thank you

Open in Acrobat (Full or Pro) and Save as TIFF. This will produce 1 tiff for each page, with the file name being the name of the pdf followeb by page number and tiff extension.

If you happen to have a later version of Photoshop, you can also convert a multipage pdf to photoshop via File menu/automate. Then create an action to change the .psd to tiffs.

Tiff, being an image format does not support multple pages for 1 doc. you would have to place them into another app, say Word, to have 1 multipage doc.

jmgalvin,

I hope you can stop posting if you don't know what you're talking about. Tif fully supports multi-page images.

jpinto1167,

You'll need a 3rd party imaging tool to create multi-page tif, just google for it, there're heaps of such tools.

Windows XP comes with the printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer. After selecting it as your printer, click on Properties, Advanced, and select TIFF. Now when you print you will create a multi-page tiff file.

Peter7

I’m glad we now have the expert of all experts, answering questions.

Tell me Peter, what platform was the questioner using? Does he even have Acrobat? What other applications does he have to work with? What did he have to output the tiffs for? What resolution would he need? What color profiles or color modes does he need? Will separations have to be made or will the images be printed from a $99 inkjet?

You don’t know because the questioner didn’t say. You said he’d need a 3rd party imaging tool. What’s photoshop? Sounds like a 3rd party imaging tool to me. I mentioned PS. He should just try to find any old freeby piece of garbage on the web – that could end up trashing a bunch of stuff on his machine?

Look around Tek Tips Peter. You’ll find that most people are polite. They don’t go spoutin’ off their mouths telling other what idiots they are. You did NOT offer one single helpful piece of advice to the questioner, unless you consider some guy to “Google” some unknown 3rd party imaging app.

You might be more comfortable on something like the Adobe forums, where there are any number of know it alls like yourself.

Way to go, jmgalvin.

Peter - considering this was your first post here (as indicated by your profile), I have never read such rudeness in a first post

>>>>I hope you can stop posting if you don't know what you're talking about.<<

or

>>Tif fully supports multi-page images.<<<<

such ignorance.

A TIF is an image format. What on earth do you mean by it 'fully supporting' multi-pages? You make it sound like it is a layout application. You cannot have a multi-page TIF, if that's what you meant to say.

Thank you,

I have XP and I see a printer called Universal Document Converter. Is this the printer referred by Benrowe? I have thousands of these multi page tiff files. If I can make this printer work then do that mean that I can write a batch program that print them thru this printer into files?

When I try to use this printer I get the error message UDC error

Description Error converting or saving document. Possible reason & solution: Lack of disk space, disk error or converting engine error. Try to choose another drive for saving or reduce paper size or resolution

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back