Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi frame issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallon

MIS
Dec 27, 2002
US
I know that I have seen posts with a solution to my problem, but I can't remember which site I was on and can't find the one that I am looking for. My problem is that I have two frames (left and right). I have content on the left frame only load with certain pages on the right frame. I got that part working, but now I have the inevitable problem with the backspace button. I hit it once and the left frame goes back. I hit it again and the left frame goes back again, but when I hit it the third time, then the right frame goes back. Is there some sort of fix for this? Also, the only way I could get the left frame page to load with the correct right frame is to use onload and onunload functions in the right frame. The only problem with this is that the left frame blinks every time it reloads. Is there a way to use an if/then statement with the right frame that says if the left frame is the correct one, then don't reload it?

Sorry for all the reading.

Thanks in advance,

Parallon

"I used to think that the more that you knew, the farther you would go, then I realized that the more that you know, the more they use you."

-Me

why are u loading the left frame using javascript???

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

I'm sorry. I forgot that I had changed it to one of the behaviors in Dreamweaver and it used the fnUpdate and fnLeave functions. Do you know another way? Initially, the left frame uses an HTML page with a background picture. The page I load with the Javascript has links on it which I only want to load when certain pages load into the right frame, and to go back to the image page when I leave those pages.

Parallon

"I used to think that the more that you knew, the farther you would go, then I realized that the more that you know, the more they use you."

-Me

backspace is basically "Back" button of the browser, it rememebers only HTML pages and NOT javascript commands, that might be the reason...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back