Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi-currency and Credit Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchNerd

Technical User
Dec 5, 2006
CA
Two questions have plagued me ever since I started using Great Plains and I was wondering if anyone had any input.

We are a Canadian company with the Candian dollar are our functional currency. We have the multicurrency module and we have sales not only in Canada (in Canadian dollars) but also in the United States (in US dollars) and in Europe (in Euros).

Question 1) When processing a cash receipt in US dollars when you functional currency is Canadian dollars this is a two step process, you must post the payment and then apply the payment in a different screen (whereas if you are receiving money in the your functional currency you are able to post the payment and apply it in the same screen). Does anyone know if there is anyway to get around doing this? It's a very time consuming process.

Question 2) We want to establish a credit card link between Great Plains and our credit card processors (so we don't have to post the payment and then go through the step of running the credit card). Has anyone had any experience with this? Any recommendations?

Credit Card Advantage by Modus is a great credit card processing package that interfaces directly. Run the card from within SOP and the payment infomation is posted for you.

I have it installed at several client sites.

Richard L. Whaley
Accolade Publications, Inc.
Documentation for Software Users

Hi Richard,

Have you installed it for any companies that run credit cards in more than one currency? If so did that work fine in Dynamics and did you use the same credit card processing company for both currencies?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Contact Nodus concerning the MultiCurrency questions as I have not had that opportunity yet. I do know they are a very good firm and I cannot think that this would not be accomodated in their product.

Richard L. Whaley
Accolade Publications, Inc.
Documentation for Software Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back