Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi Cisco Router Network Design Help Needed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

captnops

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2003
We are moving into a new building and we are making some changes to our network infrastructure for a more self healing design.

We will have (2) T1 lines pulled from one vendor with failover within their cloud and a single t1 pulled from another vendor as a hard failover in the event to other Ts go down.

I have (2) Cisco 2811 routers with the same ROM/software with (3)Vwic T1 cards.

My goal is to have the routers be redundant for purposes of failover and still be part of the fully meshed network.

My question is: Would I create the same config on both routers (with the IP addresses changed in each)and the ISP circuit information reflecting the T1 that is termed at each? Or does each config have to be different to prevent routing problems?

Thank you all

Thank you for the information dearingkr. I am planning on using HSRP for internal failover, but from the config point of view, should each router have the same config (all things being relatively equal)?

Thanks again

Thank you for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Remember to adjust the the timers for hsrp to make it scream, We use msec rather than seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back