Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi Apperance + Same Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiveodude

MIS
Jul 17, 2006
US
I have a Mitel 3300 ICP. I want to migrate away from our current legacy external voice mail system and move to the internal 3300 VM system.

If I have a phone with 2 lines (1420 for line 1 and 2420 for line two) how do I make calls to 2420 go to 1420's mailbox if not answered?

If line one (1420) is busy, how can I make the call ring to the second line (2420) and then go to voicemail and vice versa?

I currently handle this with our external voice mail system using a scripting language.

Thanks!

Thanks!!

There is only one way as you cannot associate more than 1 number to a mailbox. Make 2420 a speed dial to #1420 or *1420 this will trick the mail. It drops the # or * and goes t mailbox 1420.

Check out the FAQ section.

There is a post about splitting 1 DID into 2 Mailboxes.

The same process can combine 2 DID's into 1.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

So what is the industry standard way to do this?

At my other job I wasn't involved in the depth of programming on the PBX that I am now. On that system (Avaya) all users had phones and where able to make calls on line 1 or line 2 and inbound calls to the phone would appear at whatever appearance was available and then role to the same mailbox. Is this a Mitel limitation or just my ignorance? I suspect its my ignorance.

The way the Mitel integrates is called "Design Intent". Whether it is a limitation or a godsend depends on which way you want it to work. In your case, limitation would apply. The work around to 'Break' the integration is well laid out in the FAQ and was in fact generated by Mitel themselves as the solution to this limitation.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back