Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Much of column & merged cell.. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughLg

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
MY
I saw someone created a report which, in a single page, he can make several tables with the different width and number of cell in a table.

Such as table one, 4 columns, each column's width is 4.57, Another table has 7 columns, each columns's width is 6.23, etc.

How to combine tables with different column width like that? Previously I thought it can only be done by put the different column width in separate worksheet, until I see his work.

This can be done with the little known camera feature. You can also...

1. Select the range
2. Choose Edit - Copy
3. Press the Shift key and choose Edit - Paste Picture Link (this command is available only when the Shift key is pressed).

The result is a linked picture of the original range. You can move this picture anywhere you like. Stack them in your PrintRange.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

The Camera Icon can be added to your toolbar...

right-click the toolbar>Customize - Commands Tab - Tools

Scroll down to the Camera Icon and drag to your toolbar.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Is there any other way to get it? It produce double jobs, because the picture pasted is only value, after i amend the original data i still have to paste the updated data to desire location..

"...double jobs..."

Can you explain what you mean?

"...the picture pasted is only value"

If you only select ONE VALUE, that's what you'll get.

"...after i amend the original data i still have to paste the updated data to desire location.."

But after you do that, you can print all these non-congruous tables together, right?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Camera! Excellent Skip - thanks. Never knew it existed in Excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back