Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTS with Oracle on UNIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jashy

Programmer
May 18, 2000
US
Hi,
We are using Oracle 8i on UNIX. And we have client applications running on Windows NT. Client apps are developed using VB. We have middle tier business objects developed in VB. Can we use DCOM components running on MTS with Oracle on UNIX in the back end? Do we get the advantages of MTS when using with Oracle on a UNIX machine?

Thank you [sig][/sig]

I think you can get the advantages of MTS when using with Oracle on a UNIX machine.
I have developed a system using MTS and Oracle on linux.It works fine basically.My components were developed using Delphi and ADO(OLE DB provider for Oracle).But it seems there exists some bugs assiciated with 2-phase commit.

Hope this helps you!

[sig][/sig]

Does any know something about my problem. I have Oracle 8.1.5.0 on SUN Solaris (2.6) and client PC with MS NT 4.0 Server. On this machine I have Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0,client aplication (VB aplication), Oracle 8.1.5.0 client software (include Oracle Manager for MTS). When I try to connect with the application throuth the MTS and ADO and the OLE DB Oracle Provider this is inpossible. Could you say me for the version of Oracle client software and other URL or something for my problem.
Help me for solving my problem ...
Thank's in advance !!!

Martin Stufi
stufi@strom.cz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back