Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTS in Windows 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolaj

Programmer
Jun 14, 2000
DK
Hi!!<br><br>I have just installed Windows 2000 Server and I just cant find the MTS!!! Have I missed something or is it integrated into another component or what????<br><br>Where is it?? <br><br>Nikolaj

MTS on Windows 2000 is replaced by COM+.&nbsp;&nbsp;You can find more information on this subject on the microsoft web site.

I did now that there was something about COM+ but I found out that the MTS still is present! It is just called something else and is found in<br><br>Start\Programs\Administrative Tools\Component Services and it is the Component Services in that tool!<br><br>Does anyone know if the components still have to be installed in this tool or does the COM+ handle all the pooling and stuff??<br><br><br>Nikolaj<br><br><br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back